Ingredients:1/2 tbsp. oil (any kind)
1 diced tomato
1/4 diced onion
2 - 14 oz. cans of broth (we use veggie broth)
8 oz. tomato sauce
7 oz. bag of stars pasta
Directions1) Heat 1/4 tbsp. in a large skillet. We used a pot only because we no longer have our large skillet.
2) Add pasta and onion. Stir until the pasta has lightly browned.
3) You'll notice a distinct smell when it's nice and brown like this.
4) Add broth, diced tomato and tomato sauce.
5) Tip: Pour a little of the broth into the tomato sauce can to get any excess sauce that might left. You'll want all the tomato goodness from that itty-bitty can.
6) Bring soup to a boil then simmer on medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until pasta is soft. Add about two cups of water and salt to taste once pasta is soft.