In it's 7th year, the Science of Gingerbread exhibition and competition will intrigue you as you walk around the tables and "ooh" and "ahh" at all the wonderful creations. The gingerbread competition is by far my favorite part of all the holiday celebrations at DSC. I am AMAZED at the creativity that people (and groups) possess.
Alongside the Science of Gingerbread exhibit, you'll also engage in hands-on activities including recipe science, learning about kitchen tools, and more.
Special Programming Includes: (Every weekend and daily December 16 – January 6)
- Visit with Santa and take a photo with him. (weekends only)
- See our “Matter of Taste” Stage Show featuring kitchen science.
- Build and race a candy car in DSC’s Gingerbread Derby.
- Make your own gingerbread mix to take home.
- Decorate holiday cookies and eat them too!
My second favorite activity to seeing the gingerbread exhibit is making the gingerbread mix. They hand you this huge bag and you get in a line and walk through the tables, measure out your ingredients and voila! You have a gingerbread mix that you can make at home! It's really great and the kids have a blast measuring out the ingredients.